Writing editorial is quite different from the news story writing. In case with the latter one, the comments and points of views are not welcome. In case with editorial, it is based on the opinions and is supported by the facts. They are usually written by such people as newspaper editors or columnists. To write an editorial can be called a real privilege. With our simple steps you can find out how to write good editorial on your own.
- Step 1. First of all, it is necessary to pick a topical issue. In order to do your editorial in the best manner, you have to pick the issue which is on the public mind. In order to find the most interesting daily topics, you can consult surveys or broadcasting.
- Step 2. Write down a thesis. Your thesis will be some kind of foundation for your future editorial. The thesis will show up the position you are taking concerning a particular subject.
- Step 3. Provide facts which will serve as examples. Make a research concerning your topic, where it would be enough to skillfully use the statistics data to support your position.
- Step 4. Keep the balance while using off-topic emotional content and dry cliche phrases. There are many authors who use persuasive language in their editorial, which helps them to attract more and more readers and, thus, make their writing much more interesting than the news stories.
- Step 5. Join the other people. For example, if you are an editor, it is advisable to make a group-written editorial in your newsroom, which will represent your opinion taken separately and your colleagues’ in general. Once you succeed in bringing together all the information – that is really great! In case if you fail to do so, you will have to deal with it on your own.