Main Tips to Select a Topic for Political Science Thesis Paper
Topic defines the direction of your thesis paper and contributes greatly to its future success or failure. There are several key points to help you with choosing the best topic for your political science thesis paper.
- Relax and plan things in perspective. The topic is usually in sphere of interests of students and the supervisor.
- Try to organize your time. To maximize your efforts, you need to plan your time and be efficient and organized in search efforts. The more you will be organized, the more time you will save for writing your thesis. Keep track of all your files from the very beginning of the work – this will simplify it immensely.
- Before choosing the topic, select the subject area. The more you will read in the subject area, the more patterns will appear. In order to narrow your topic, you can use the assistance of your supervisor.
- You need to consider expanding your thesis into future dissertation. If you plan to write the dissertation afterwards, take it into account during the process of choosing the topic for your thesis.
- Get sure that your topic is interesting. Both you and your supervisor should be interested in the topic. If the supervisor is enthusiastic about the topic, he will support you with the project more effectively.
- Choose a problem for your research that you are able to solve and manage. It is recommended to choose not too broad one to be able to research it within time limits set for your project.
- Your topic should bring some contribution into the field. You need to make a foundation for your future projects or work.
- The topic should be original. While checking the sources, pay attention what points are not touched upon by researchers. Then think over the material needed to cover the subject.