Pros and Cons of Genetically Modified Food
The question of genetically modified foods is one of the most controversial nowadays and many public interest groups and environmental organizations have been actively protesting against them. Still, the genetic engineering is widely used all over the world.
You can base your research paper on any of the most interesting for you aspects of this issue. For me the most reasonable choice is to write about cons and pros of genetically modified foods that would tell people the very truth about what they are supposed to eat and to protect them from harm, which GM foods can cause to the human’s health. Let’s look at the main of them.
- Enhanced taste and quality of food.
- Reduced time of maturity, faster growing fish and nuts trees.
- Ability to produce cheap nutritious foods, e.g. carrots with more antioxidants.
- Improved crops resistant to disease and insects.
- Greater shelf life of foods, like tomatoes that taste better and last longer.
- Loosing flora’s and fauna’s biodiversity.
- Potential impacts on human health, which can cause diseases with a higher antibiotic resistance.
- Creation of new allergens and ability to trigger an allergy in humans.
- Using genes from animals in plant foods and vice versa can cause objection to consuming such foods.
- Stress for animals and harm for other organisms in the ecosystem.
Apart from the above benefits of GM foods, the risks are strong and there can be nothing better and healthier then…