How to Find Winning Persuasive Speech Topic?
Coming up with a good idea for a persuasive speech may seem like a piece of cake. However, when you get a real task to perform, you suddenly realize that either your mind is completely blank, or you can come up with something boring and silly. So, how to invent a topic that will be interesting and provide a good opportunity to exercise public speaking? These simple tips can help you:
- Keep the balance: choose an area you are truly interested in, but avoid the topics which may be too touchy.
- Sometimes try to express the opinion opposite to yours.
- Choose a controversial issue, but do not go too deeply in religious, ideological or political concerns.
- Make your topic up-to-date, locally oriented and important for the audience.
- Limit the issue by choosing a part of the problem.
Here are some ideas which you may find interesting:
- Developed countries should not help developing ones financially.
- Free higher education cannot conform to the standards of the modern society.
- Modern art will possess no cultural value in one hundred years.
- The failure to achieve your aim means there was no real desire to succeed.
- Business success is a matter of luck and has nothing to do with professionalism.
- High academic results are not important for your future professional success.
- In order to ensure free college education for all, government must introduce an additional tax for large and medium size companies.
- Despite being strict, college admission procedures fail to guarantee the right people being chosen.
- Long-term unemployment benefits discourage people from looking for a job and stimulate the unemployment.
- School curriculum must place a…