If you are afraid of public speaking, you’re not alone. Every year a lot of students are told to deliver a speech and most of them have no idea what topic to choose and how to get the attention of the listeners. Moreover, persuasive speech is one of the most interesting and difficult ones, as you need not only to tell the topic, but also to persuade the audience to follow you and agree with your views.
The lead key of your success lies in the chosen topic. Choose something unique that really intrigues you and actually impacts real people. Track the latest trends in the areas of interest to you and tell something new and surprising. Also take into account that it’s better to select only that topic of which you have some prior knowledge. This will help you feel more confident during speaking and answering questions. Possibly, you will find an exact one in the following list of persuasive speech topics for high school students:
- Is there any need to eat meat today?
- Can alcohol make people really happy?
- Should it be prohibited to use animals for testing chemicals and drugs?
- What are the ways to protect our environment?
- Does television have a positive influence on people?
- Is recycling really beneficial for our planet?
- Ecological perspectives of the usage of alternative power sources.
- What are the main aspects of healthy eating?
- Does make-up really makes girls more beautiful?
I hope that my article will inspire you to come up with an outstanding idea that makes your speech persuasive and keeps the audience fully captivated.