Have you ever got bored hearing the same matters over and over again at the annual elocution competition? Then why do not you come up with a compelling and exciting topic that the audience will be delighted to listen to? There are so many ideas in our world, that you have the opportunity to tell people something that they have never heard before. But keep in mind that you must know your subject perfectly, which will help you to deliver your speech confidently and persuasively. Also you need to realize that the main purpose of a persuasive speech is to help listeners make a decision about certain topic and to convince them to agree with you.
I understand that at your young age you may be unsure as to what topic will be the best for you to speak persuasively. That’s why I would like to suggest you the following persuasive speech topics for middle school students:
- What are the best places to go on vacation?
- What is the most intriguing discovery in the last 50/100 years?
- Is it dangerous to use cell phones while driving?
- Should the vaccinations be compulsory?
- Is it important to find a good career?
- The pros and cons of junk food.
- What role does sport play in our lives?
- Should religious subjects be included in the schools curricula?
- Should all farmers grow only organic food?
- Cook yourself and enjoy your meal.
Despite these topics can work quite well for your persuasive speech, you can think about something that you are more enthusiastic about and feel very comfortable with. Go ahead, be confident and see the audience applauding!